Monday, April 27, 2009

Steps 1, 2, 3, 4 COMPLETED

Well, I had a close call on Saturday. At the self-checkout counter at The Home Depot, I noticed that several coins were wedged between the bagging area and a wall. Unfortunately, the space they were wedged in was very small, and I could not get them out easily. I tried to pry them out, but there was a bit of a line behind me and I did not want to hold the line up for no apparent reason other than to extract a few coins. So I had to let them go...

But today, I hit the jackpot! Figuratively. I've completed not one, not two, not three, but FOUR steps! And it's all thanks to somebody leaving a dime in the coin return slot in a vending machine slot.



I found a dime... I found a dime...

And this shoots me up to the $0.08 to $0.16 mark, despite Rule #4. According to the rule, "Any money in excess of the target must be removed from the stake." But this is overridden by Rule #1: "There is magic in finding money. Say you find a $10 bill in the street. You can use that to immediately leapfrog you to step #8." According to my interpretation, found money is special, and does not have to be removed from the stake after a doubling.

Whenever you see a 1993 "D" dime, you'll think of me.

Well, I have some plans for doubling this. I'm going to try asking some friends to trade my original dime for double the amount. If I tell them that it's an expirement (which it is) and that I can't tell them exactly what it's about (which I can't), than it might pique their curiosity enough to get them to trade. According to the rules, this is not "asking" for money. We'll see how successful I am tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    I have been on the Doubling Journey since August 2006 and recently finished Step 19 of 28. Been following the Rules of "How to Double Your Way to A Million in 28 Steps".

    I have been blogging about it at:

    Double To A Million BlogIf you are interested I would be happy to exchange links. Just leave a comment at my Blog that you would like to exchange links.

    Thanks,
    Xinfinitum
    dtamp.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete