Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Step 5: Almost, but not quite...

Well, the "Would you like to take part in an 'experiment'" technique yesterday didn't work very well. I tried quite a few times, maybe 7 or 8. I knew that if I doubled my dime to $0.20, then I would have to "cut off" the extra four cents. So I posed the question as, "Would you like to try a social experiment? See this dime? I will give it to you for only $0.16. Are you willing to go through with it?" I don't know what went wrong. Maybe it was the wording. Maybe people are unaccustomed to playing Let's Make a Deal with their spare change.

A few of the people had no pocket change with them, and most of the others decided that they didn't want to try it. I did manage to persuade one person (who happened to be the last). After she checked her wallet, she found that she had no nickels and could only make $0.14, and asked if this was enough. I said it was, and thanked her. So now my stake is up to $0.14. I don't think that this method will work again after the mostly negative response I got, so I am hoping to obtain the final $0.02 through found money.

Excuse the blurriness, but my camera is NOT made for close-ups.


Also, I would like to thank Xinfinitum for being the first one to comment on and follow this blog. He has offered to exchange links with me, and so you should see his webside under "Other Doubling Blogs" on the left. Thank you, Xinfinitum!

If you would like your doubling blog to appear, just fire off an e-mail or post a comment with your request.

1 comment:

  1. I too am doubling my way to a million.
    I am now at step 8.
    Here is my blog that describes how I am doing this.
    http://journeytoamilliondollars.blogspot.com/

    I recently join this program that will make me a milionaire. Its free to join.
    http://www.ourgv.com/tasgreatbizops

    ReplyDelete